Habitat for Humanity-North Central Georgia, an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, and an ecumenical Christian affordable housing ministry located in Roswell, Georgia, is hiring an independent contractor for the Grants Manager position. The Grants Manager shall develop, implement and maintain a strategic grants program for the Affiliate that matches the philanthropic interests of donors with the priorities and needs in support of Habitat-NCG’s mission and programs.
The Grants Manager shall have responsibility for targeted grant research, planning and managing a master grants calendar, completing letters of intent, preparing grant proposals and formal grant applications, stewarding foundation relationships, and ensuring that grant compliance and reporting requirements are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and implementing a visionary multi-year fundraising strategy for foundation giving and government grants in coordination with the VP, Development & Operations.
- Leading efforts for private and corporate foundation giving through research, relationship building, grant writing, and reporting.
- Overseeing government grants research, writing, and reporting.
- Identifying, cultivating, and securing new foundation donors, and stewarding existing foundation donors in the portfolio.
- Work with internal teams to identify funding needs and to create budgets and compelling narratives to support successful grants.
- Ensuring timely and effective grants management and compliance with requirements.
- Tracking and meeting all deadlines on a comprehensive reporting calendar including all foundation and government grant funding opportunities
- Tracking relationship activities and grants data in Salsa.
- Meeting or exceeding specific annual revenue goals for foundation giving and government grants.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience;
- Prior non-profit experience preferred
- Five years professional or volunteer experience in grant writing, administration, and compliance;
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and/or other creative software;
- Comfortable in a faith-based environment; a passion for Habitat’s mission.
Submit resume’ to Sabrina Kirkland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Habitat-NCG is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Habitat-NCG not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age or physical disability. It is the policy of Habitat-NCG (i) not to discriminate in its employment and hiring practices on the basis of any classification which is not work-related, and (ii) to comply with all laws and regulations, whether federal, state or local, regulating employment and hiring practices in the jurisdictions in which the ministry conducts business.