Home Repair Program
While our new home construction and rehab programs focus on helping families become first-time home buyers, our home repair program serves the needs of current non-Habitat senior, veteran, and disabled homeowners.
Our Home Repair Program addresses the following issues:
- Safe: steps, windows, doors, locks, lighting, electric, etc.
- Warm: furnace, weatherization, hot water heater, etc.
- Dry: roofing, siding, plumbing, etc.
- Accessible: ramps, ADA modifications, accessible kitchens/baths, etc.
To qualify for home repairs with Habitat-NCG:
- You must fit one of the following categories:
- Senior citizens age 55 and older
- People with disabilities
- Active U.S. military
- U.S. veterans who have received general or honorable discharge from any branch of service
- You must own a home in Cherokee, Dawson, Forsyth, or North Fulton County.
- You must be willing to partner by completing sweat equity hours (within physical ability). Sweat equity hours are earned by doing community service with Habitat for Humanity.
- You may be required to pay a portion of the costs.
- Your household income before taxes must be within the following limits:
|Number of People Living in the Home||Income Before Taxes Not Less Than||Income Before Taxes Not More Than|
Source: U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development [HUD] Income Guidelines 2019
**Due to some funding requirements, some projects may be free to the participants
Step 1: Click here to download the Home Repair Application.
Step 2: Complete the Home Repair application materials and provide all necessary documents and information, and return to Habitat-NCG office located at 814 Mimosa Blvd, Bldg C, Roswell, GA 30075.
Step 3: Once your application has been received and pre-approved, someone from our construction staff will visit your home to assess the repairs needed on your home.
Step 4: A scope of work will be established based on the assessment and funding and you will be notified of your approval.
Step 5: We will schedule volunteers to perform the repairs and/or hire out professional services when applicable.
For more information regarding the Home Repair Program, contact Sabrina Kirkland at 678-672-5225.