Home Repair Program
While our new home construction and rehab programs focus on helping families become first time home buyers, our home repair program serves the needs of current homeowners.
What It Takes to Qualify
1) Own and live in your home. Warranty deed must be in the occupant’s name only. All owners listed on the deed must live in the home. Home must be on a permanent foundation.
2) Live in Cherokee, North Fulton, Forsyth, or Dawson County.
3) Be over 55 years of age OR a veteran OR disabled and receive social security disability.
4) Demonstrate a Need for Repairs. Does your home have unsafe living conditions, high energy bills, inaccessible?
5) Be income eligible. Do you make below the maximum income amount for the size of your household?
effective June 28, 2019
Source U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development [HUD] www.huduser.gov*Income of all persons living in the household.
**Due to some funding requirements, some projects may be free to the participant.
Type of Work We Can Do
- This program helps families maintain the exterior of their homes so they can improve their living conditions and the sense of pride in their neighborhood.
Scope of work includes:
- Paint exterior of home
- Minor repairs to fascia, siding, and trim
- Caulk exterior cracks
- Landscaping (trim trees and bushes, weed yard, remove trash)
This program works to improve energy efficiency and reduce utility bills thus increasing affordability.
- Replacement of windows, doors, bathroom fixtures and water heater
- Install energy efficient upgrades, weather stripping, door sweeps, smoke detectors and CO2 detectors
- Insulate duct work and attic
- Minor roof repairs
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Mechanical repairs
Critical Home Repair
This program focuses on both exterior and interior work to address critical health, life and safety issues and code violations.
Scope of work includes weatherization services and the following:
- Replace and repair furnace and AC
- Door handles and locks
- Install security and screen door
- Replace and repair plumbing, electrical, drywall
- Major repairs to fascia, siding, trim, and roof
Overview of the Process
Step 1: Click here to download the Home Repair Application.
Step 2: Complete the Home Repair application materials and provide all necessary documents and information, and return to Habitat NCG office.
Step 3: Once your application has been received and pre-approved, someone from our construction staff will visit your home to assess the repairs needed on your home.
Step 4: A scope of work will be established based on the assessment and funding and you will be notified of your approval.
Step 5: We will schedule volunteers to perform the repairs and/or hire out professional services when applicable.
For more information regarding the Home Repair Program, contact Sabrina Kirkland at email@example.com or 678-672-5225.