People in your community and all over the world partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
To be eligible to apply for homeownership with Habitat-NCG:
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent legal resident
- You must be a first-time homebuyer
- You must have lived and worked in the Metro Atlanta area for at least one year
- You must show a continuous source of income at the level required for the past 2 years
- Your household income before taxes must be within the following limits:
|Number of People Living in the Home||Income Before Taxes Not Less Than||Income Before Taxes Not More Than|
Source: U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development [HUD] Income Guidelines 2019
Homeowners are selected based on three criteria:
Need for Housing
- Your present housing is not adequate (unsafe, not maintained, overcrowded, and/or unaffordable.)
- You are unable to obtain affordable housing through other conventional means.
Willingness to Partner
- You agree to complete 200 hours of sweat equity. Sweat equity house are earned by helping to build your and other families’ homes alongside volunteers.
- You agree to complete 50 hours of homeowner education.
Ability to Pay
- You have a steady, verifiable source of income.
- You have good credit (based on your credit report, NOT your credit score).
To apply for the homebuyer program, you must attend an informational meeting. No meetings are currently scheduled at this time. Please check back in the Spring of 2020!
Questions? Send an email to Mary Lamond.