As the increasing need for affordable housing appeared in the North Fulton area, a group of people banded together to come up with a solution for this problem. The first meeting of Habitat for Humanity-North Fulton took place at the Roswell United Methodist Church in May of 1992. With the help of Habitat for Humanity Atlanta and its skilled house leaders, the North Fulton group finished its first house on Thomas Drive on June 12, 1993. Two years later, the long road to affiliation led to the successful incorporation of Habitat for Humanity-North Fulton, Inc. in March 1995.
In January 2006, the affiliates in North Fulton, Cherokee, Forsyth, and Dawson Counties merged to form Habitat for Humanity-North Central Georgia in order to greater address the housing need in our growing community of Metro Atlanta. Today, Habitat for Humanity-North Central Georgia has built, rehabbed, and repaired more than 440 homes serving over 1600 individuals throughout our entire area. We look forward to providing even more families strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter for years to come!