Home Repair Program
While our new home construction and rehab programs focus on helping families become first time home buyers, our home repair program serves the needs of current homeowners.
What It Takes to Qualify
Need – Participants must own their home and have a verifiable need that falls within our scope of work and capabilities. We are actively seeking Senior and Disabled Adults and Veterans for our home repair services.
Willingness to Partner – Participants must be willing to attend an application workshop and a home maintenance class and commit to sweat equity requirements (between 15 – 35 hours). We believe people need a hand up, not a hand out so your investment and participation are an important part of our program.
Ability to Pay a Portion of the Costs – Habitat works hard to provide a portion of the funding for the expenses of each project, however, every participant will be responsible for paying some part of the total cost. When necessary we can provide a short term, no interest payment plan.
Type of Work We Can Do
- This program helps families maintain the exterior of their homes so they can improve their living conditions and the sense of pride in their neighborhood.
Scope of work includes:
– Paint exterior of home
– Minor repairs to fascia, siding, and trim
– Caulk exterior cracks
– Landscaping (trim trees and bushes, weed yard, remove trash)
Home Energy Plus
- This program works to improve energy efficiency and reduce utility bills thus increasing affordability.
– Replacement of windows, doors, bathroom fixtures and water heater
– Install energy efficient upgrades, weather stripping, door sweeps, smoke detectors and CO2 detectors
– Insulate ductwork and attic
– Minor roof repairs
– Minor plumbing repairs
– Mechanical repairs
Critical Home Repair
- This program focuses on both exterior and interior work to address critical health, life and safety issues or code violations.
Scope of work includes Home Energy Plus services and the following:
– Replace and repair furnace and AC
– Door handles and locks
– Install security and screen door
– Replace and repair plumbing, electrical, drywall
– Major repairs to fascia, siding, trim, and roof
Overview of the Process
Step 1: Complete the online Home Repair Questionnaire.
Step 2: Complete the Home Repair application materials and provide all necessary documents and information, and return to Habitat NCG office.
Step 3: Once your application has been received and pre-approved, someone from our construction staff will visit your home to assess the repairs needed on your home.
Step 4: A scope of work will be established based on the assessment and funding and you will be notified of your approval.
Step 5: We will schedule volunteers to perform the repairs and/or hire out professional services when applicable.
For more information regarding the Home Repair Program, contact Sabrina Kirkland at email@example.com or 678-672-5225.