Where can I find the Volunteer Waiver Form?
Click here to download the adult waiver form. Click here to download the minor waiver form. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and minors need to have a parent or guardian sign the minor waiver. You only need to fill out the waiver once per build.

Does Habitat give houses away?
Habitat does not “give houses away to poor people.” Habitat homeowners purchase their homes. Partner families must have an income in order to be able to afford the mortgage. Partner families are vital members of our community. They are teaching assistants, grocery store employees, police officers, administrative assistants, carpenters, custodians, hospital workers, bus drivers, etc. Since Habitat holds the mortgages, their mortgage payments help to build more Habitat homes.

How much do you sell the houses for? 
We sell homes at or below our costs. We do not make a profit on our homes. Homeowners pay a zero-interest 25 – 30 year mortgage on the home.

Can a Habitat homeowner sell his/her home?
Yes, a homeowner can sell the home. Habitat homeowners own their home like anyone else. There is a second mortgage, however, on the home that amortizes over time and prevents homeowners from flipping their homes.

How do I qualify for a Habitat home?
You must meet four basic criteria. You must (1) have a need for a Habitat home, (2) have the ability to pay the mortgage, (3) have a willingness to partner with our organization, and (4) have lived and worked in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area for at least one year prior to applying. For more information on applying, visit the Programs page.

Can I apply for a Habitat home if I have had a bankruptcy? Bad credit? Foreclosure?
You can still apply for a Habitat home if you have had a bankruptcy, foreclosure, or if you have bad credit. We take many factors into consideration when evaluating applicants. Our criteria is not solely based on income and credit history.

Can I apply for a home if I am not a US citizen?
You do not have to be an American citizen to qualify for a Habitat home, but you must be a legal, permanent resident of the United States. You must provide documentation at the application meeting showing your legal residency.

What types of homes do you build? We build new homes as well as rehabilitate existing homes. We cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to one type of home. We will assign you to a home based on your family size and the size of the homes available.

How can I volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering, we list our current volunteer needs on the Volunteer page.

Can I donate used items or appliances from my home for a Habitat house?
We do not use used items in our homes nor do we furnish them. We do, however, have a ReStore that accepts donations of household items, furniture, and appliances and sells them with all proceeds benefiting our affiliate. They will pick up items from your home. For more information on the ReStore, visit the ReStore page.

Do you foreclose on homes?
We do foreclose on homes if the homeowner stops making mortgage payments or violates the terms and conditions set forth in the purchase of the home.

What is a house sponsorship?
A house sponsorship is a donation to a specific Habitat home. With that donation, you get the opportunity to volunteer on the home, and you will be recognized as a house sponsor on signage at the build site as well as on our website and in our annual report. For more information on house sponsorship, visit our House Sponsorship page.

Where are you building?
The locations of our builds change frequently within our service area. We cover North Metro Atlanta; our service area is North Fulton, Cherokee, Forsyth, and Dawson Counties. If you are interested in a different area, view our Other Local Agencies page to find another Habitat for Humanity affiliate or you can dial 211 from any phone to reach The United Way.